Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seriously?


Can we catch a break? I am currently on my second stint in the hospital. They admitted me last night as my inability to breath tended to worry my docs a bit. I am going to be here for a couple of days and let me tell you, I have never in my life been SO EMPTY without my little princess. Why me?? Seriously? Who has to leave their two week old at home while you go into the hospital for God knows how long? Sorry for the pitty party, but I had to say it.

At this point we aren't sure what I have. I've had 2 CAT scans, 2 Xrays and numerous blood draws. I am currently waiting to be wheeled downstairs so they can stick a HUGE needle into my lung to extract the fluid that is starting to build up. The good news is that it isn't a blood clot so we can breath a little easier because of that. They are thinking it may be a viral pneumonia but who knows!!! Luckily I breastfed the whole time I've been feeling this lung issue (I don't have a cold or flu symptoms. Just fevers, aches and the whole I can't breath thing because of intense nerve pain). That means that if it's a virus, I've been passing along antibodies to Liv. She's happy, healthy and beautiful as ever. Can I please tell you how good a baby she is? I think she knows how much we've all been going through and is making it easy for us. She sleeps well, eats well, relaxes and looks around, she's perfect!

THANK YOU mom and Jane for staying with her and taking care of everything while Wes and I are stuck in the hospital.

I can't tell you how LARGE this whole in my heart is. I miss my little girl so much. I try not to think about it too much and try and focus on the fact that I am going to get better quicker here so I can get home to her.

Please say a prayer for us! The sooner we figure out what this thing is, the better.

Thanks for all your calls and support.

Here's my perfect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Marie, you're in my prayers wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back home to Olivia!

Nicole said...

Seriously! I am SO sorry, and Wes should have called us to help. You know you can count us in for anything. I am thinking and praying for u, and Liv knows how much her mommy loves her. Take care, and love u lots!

Sandy said...

We are praying for you too and wishing we could take that pain away so you can get home to your little girl as soon as possible. We are all here for you...thinking of you night and day!!! You are amazing, we love you, and hope this goes away soon ;)

Jenn said...

Marie- thoughts & prayers are with you and your family! Just concentrate on getting better! Thank goodness you have such a wonderful support system. Get better soon!