Is it sad that I feel almost "at home" here in the hospital? I've spent more time in the hospital in the last two weeks than I have at home! That's SO WRONG!!! lol.
The good news is I had a full body ultrasound yesterday and I don't have any clots!
So basically, we aren't 100% sure what caused all of this. We DO know that I have Pleurisy (inflammation of the lining of the lungs and chest (the pleura) that leads to chest pain (usually sharp) when you take a breath or cough.) that was brought on by some infection. The fluid (almost a cup of fluid pulled) in my lung was removed and since then I have felt some relief. I am also on some major antibiotics to try and kill whatever may have caused an infection.
My lung function has been severely reduced. I am still having trouble taking deep breaths and will need to "work out" my lungs to get them back to a point where the whole lung is being used to breath. Apparently the bottom half hasn't been used in days.
I consider myself lucky. The staff here is amazing and has kept me comfortable, confident and ready to heal! I've been sleeping well (one of the reasons I was admitted was because of the intense pain I was unable to lay down and hadn't slept in 4 days). I am feeling much better today.
They were about to release me last night but just as the doc came in to do so I got a 101 fever and they decided to keep me again over night. I'm kind of glad they did though because I was able to get some major antibiotics via IV and some really great pain meds. I slept really well and am hoping to be released soon!
Wes went on his nightly visit home last night to see our princess and we skyped a bit. It was sooooo hard. She is so adorable. I feel like I am missing so much! I know it's only 3-4 days of her entire life, but I CANNOT wait to get home and snuggle her all day and night. Wes and I have felt so incomplete here at the hospital without our final family member. It's almost like we can't remember life before her.
It's so funny because I really don't know what it's like to be a new mom without being sick! Ever since being released from the hospital I have dealt with fevers, body aches, chills and back issues (all related to what I have now). Doing a 3 AM feeding was SO HARD because of how horrible I felt. Now, all of that is going to be easy! I'm going to enjoy it!! I can't wait to feel energized and able to really take in every moment of Liv's life.
So say a prayer that I get to go back to my little one today!
2 comments:
That is wonderful news you are feeling better and may get to finally go home and be a whole family again ;) I can't imagine all you've been through, but finally, some light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Can't wait for you to be with Olivia again, that will be the best reward ever ;) Love you so much and Austin and Brookie send lots of hugs and kisses to their amazing auntie ;)
Marie! I can't believe what you've been going through! I hope that you are able to get home today and that you feel better soon to enjoy Olivia! We're thinking about you!
Post a Comment