Thursday, February 11, 2010

Doing Better

I've been SLOWLY feeling better every day. It's taking FOREVER! But I am hopeful to have my energy and lungs back by the end of next week. Sometimes I still can't believe I was hospitalized for a week. It feels so surreal now (probably because they had me nicely sedated). It will officially go down as the WORST timing for such a bad illness in history. I still feel guilty for leaving Liv, but she was in good hands and I guess there really isn't much I could have done about it.


Liv is still a very content baby. She's a great eater and sleeper and is now spending more time awake during the day! I love just staring at her. We get all cozy and just look at each other for an hour before her mid-day nap. We also do some great tummy time! She's still not too sure about the tummy time. She doesn't hate it, just isn't too sure what to do with it. She just kind of lays there, lifts her head and kicks around for a little while before she gets bored and wants up. She's got the leg part down. She already bends her knees under her and pushes out like an early crawl. The other day she launched herself OVER the boppy! It was hilarious! I think she's going through a growth spurt because she's been cluster feeding and eating every one to two hours! Luckily she's been sleeping pretty well at night. We are down to a midnight and 4 AM feeding. We had our newborn photo shoot on Wednesday too. OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE PICS AND SHARE THEM. We got some AMAZING shots. It was such a success. Liv was a dream and the photographer was able to get all the shots she wanted. It was perfect! She's just SO DAMN CUTE. I can't stop staring at her!

Other good news. My boss called me yesterday and notified me that she had put me in for a promotion right before I left for my leave. Well, apparently they want me back me because I received a really strong review and have been promoted! YEAH! I'm pretty excited about it.

For some reason I can't get this pic to rotate. Wes has been working from home most of the time so this is a pretty common scene in the evenings. He gets some cuddle time in while he works. What a multitasker! She LOVES her daddy's chest.




I caught a smile on camera!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh she is so dang cute!!! That is awesome news about your promotion, congratulations!!! We are also so happy to hear you are feeling so much better!! Love that smile of Olivia's, isn't that just the best?!!! Cute pics, miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Braden has almost launched himself over his Boppy too!! Lots of leg strength in these little guys. Sounds like Liv is going through her 3ish week growth spurt! If Braden wants to cluster feed, I hope he's kind to his mommy and wants to do it during the day or evening! You're lucky to get 4 hours of sleep at night! The most I've got is 3.5 hrs, but I still can't complain he's so content and not a fussy guy at all!