Friday, February 5, 2010

Still Here...

We thought I was going to be released last night, but then I got another 101 fever and we had to stay. SAD!! I lost it. Was balling to the doc. And we finally thought of a brilliant plan to get me through yet another night and day without my baby.


We had the moms bring her to the hospital and Wes and I met her in the cleanest, emptiest part and I wore a mask (even though what I have is by NO MEANS contagious. I just wanted to be sure). I got a blissful hour of cuddles from my perfect little miss. I SWEAR She's grown and looks different in just four days!! She's such a beauty. It gave me the strength to go back to bed, take the meds and get the rest I need to get home to her as soon as I can. I think she remembered me because the second I held her, she was OUT and fully cozy on my chest. I was hoping that would happen. As dumb as it sounds, I cried all week to Wes that she wouldn't remember me and would only know her grandmas. Well, I guess that's not true....THANK GOD!!

I just need to get better so I can hold her all day and night!

Wish us luck! I had an ultrasound today and the small amount of fluid that remains isn't anything they are worried about. My white cell count dropped dramatically today too!!

3 comments:

kkp1220 said...

What a nightmare!! I haven't talked to Sandy since Monday and look what happens!!
Hope you are feeling better soon
xoxo

Sandy said...

That brings tears to my eyes, I am so glad you got to see her!!! Hope you get out of there soon, we are all praying for you!!!!! :)

Nicole said...

Totally teared up! I Love you, and stay strong. Babies always know their mommies. I am praying and thinking about you. You are an amazing woman, and this CRAP will all by over soon!