Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Last Day


Yesterday was my last official day! Wow. It's SO CRAZY to think that I get to be a full-time mommy now!! I feel so blessed and so lucky to be able to be with Livie all day every day.


The BEST news about all of this is that after I gave my notice (a month ago), my company came to me and offered to keep me on at any capacity I choose. I felt truly honored!! How cool is that? Anyways, we came to an agreement on terms and now I'll be working from home (during naps and after bedtime most likely) 10-15 hours a week max. I literally couldn't have it better. Now I won't completely be leaving the business world behind and I can keep one tiny toe in the door should I ever want to get back into the stress, late nights, endless meetings, clients and all things that go along with that crazy game (even though I loved every minute). :)

I'm SO looking forward to spending MUCH more time with my little chubster. She's my full time job now! YEAH!!

It still feels a bit surreal. I am taking a week and a half off (family time and a little vacation!) and then I'm off to Boston (I told them I'd only go for one day and one night) for our client conference at the end of September! Then I'm back for Louie!

My company threw me a going away party yesterday on my last day. It's HILARIOUS because if you read the cake, it mentions watching daytime TV. CLEARLY they don't have kids at home. Who has time to SIT down and watch TV during the day????

So here I go, little nervous, but I have to at least give it a go! Thanks Babe! I love you so so much for making this possible!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Congratulations Marie, we are so happy and excited for you!! Olivia is going to be thrilled to see her mommy home everyday!!

kkp1220 said...

Congrats Marie. You won't regret this decision. As you know, time flies!!! Enjoy every minute of it;-0

Bill and Paige said...

Congrats! You won't regret this decision and Liv will be better off for it as well. You will love to be able to snuggle her all day and experience all her 1st. Have fun!