Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things I Couldn't Live Without

One of my friends is Preggers (due two days before me! That's you, Sarah! lol) and had a great post on her blog about the things she couldn't live without while being pregnant. I loved the idea so I am going to copy it.


PLUS I am completely bored and home alone so I might as well blog something, right?

TUMS: My first trimester was filled with nausea and an upset stomach. My third trimester has included on and off heart burn. Because of this, TUMS have been my friend!

Ice cream: My daily bowl of low fat ice cream started when my stomach was upset. During my first trimester, ice cream was one of the only things that always sounded good and didn't make me sick. It actually soothed my stomach. Well, I got used to it and until recently (doesn't really sound good these days) I was having a little bowl every night. MMMMMMM!!!

Milk: This goes along with the ice cream in that milk has been my saving grace this entire pregnancy. IT IS SOOOOO GOOD! I consistently drink about a gallon a week! I absolutely love it!

Gap Body: The spandexy bras, shirts and yoga pants have been a large part of my daily repertoire. I love it all!

Veggie Sandwiches: Once I actually felt like eating again (2nd trimester), Wes would pick me up at lunch and we would go to either Quiznos or Safeway for a big veggie sandwich! Since I couldn't eat deli meat, this was a great alternative. YUM!

Cereal: As I have posted about before, I am obsessed with cereal. All kinds too. I usually don't eat cereal since I try to eat good protein (eggs) in the morning. BUT during the pregnancy, cereal has been a little guilty pleasure. Makes a GREAT second dinner when I am hungry again around 9:00 pm!

pillows: I sleep with 6 pillows all around me. Two behind my head one on each side and two between my legs. It's a fortress and I love it!

water: I drink 4 Nalgenes a day! I love water and can't get enough!

Wes: This one is obvious. I couldn't have made it through without his support, humor and care. He is truly a dream and is ALWAYS there for me no matter what!

Family: Our families have been amazing. They are all SO EXCITED for us! We truly love and appreciate all the support and help they give us. We are so lucky to have them.
Friends: My friends are hilarious. Most of them haven't had children yet so I LOVE all of their questions. They are so amazed by the whole process and I love being able to tell them like it is. It's hilarious to see their reactions! For my friends that have kids (friend moms! haha), they have been so supportive and have given me such great advice and ideas!

Wes' white T-shirts: Kind of random, but I sleep in them every night. I only wear the one Wes wore that day. So warm and smells great!! Love it!

4 comments:

kkp1220 said...

What a great idea!!
Good luck!!

kkp1220 said...

Oh yeah, next pregnancy look at Babies R Us, they have some sort of expensive pillow that is long and looks like a pool noodle. It is the best pregnancy pillow, and I still use it every night;-0

Anonymous said...

I am honored!! :) As I mentioned in my blog, I knew there would be things I'd forget and cereal is definitel a second supper for me too! Also love, love, LOVING milk!!

Sandy said...

i hear ya on most of those!! we are so excited it is so close now!!! can't wait to see you...in just over a week now!!! yay!