Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wes, In Heaven


Wes got gift certificates to Cabella's for Christmas to buy fly fishing gear! He has been dying to go there but has never gone because it's an hour and a half away. Once we heard that Winger's opened in Tacoma, we decided there were now two reasons to take a road trip south. 

Wes and I LOOOOVE Winger's. We have fond memories of Winger's as we would always go there when we were in college. They have the BEST wings and their ranch sauce is ridiculous. We had a great lunch. Every bite Wes took he made a sound like, "I am dying. This is so good."

After lunch, we headed south for Cabella's. I was a little hesitant because I was assuming I would be bored in a hunting, fishing, camping type store. I actually had fun with him! It took over an hour for us to get through the whole store. They have this HUGE mountain in the middle with every type of "game" you can think of. It was kind of creepy. LOL. They also had an aquarium with a ton of different types of fish to look at. All in all, we had fun looking at everything. He got a fishing vest, some tools, two way radios, wool socks and gloves. Thanks Tom and Jane! He was like a kid in the candy store!

Here is a picture of the stuffed animals (real ones) on the mountain.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Austin loves the fish and stuffed animals in Cabellas!! It's his favorite part!! He gets such a kick out of them!! Glad you guys got some good food and Wes got some good gear!! :)