I have no words. I feel amazing. I feel a little sad. I feel excited. I feel happy. My baby is 1. Wow! All you moms know what I mean when I say it TRULY DOES GO BY SO FAST! I heard this great quote from a mom the other day that I totally agree with. "The days are long, but the years go by fast." I couldn't agree more.
Dear Olivia (Liv, Livie, Lou Lou, Louie, Chunka Munka, Tunker, Pretty Princess, and I could go on and on...),
I'm struggling with writing this because I can't seem to put my millions of thoughts into a few short words. That's because there are no words to even come close to explain how much we love and are thankful for you.
You bring light to our lives. You ARE our lives. You are such a blessing. You are one of the sweetest, most content people I know. You're such a little love. We can't kiss and snuggle you enough.
You are so funny. You make us laugh every single day. Your silliness makes me beam with pride. We can't wait to see where you go and what you do next. We couldn't be more proud to be your parents.
You continue to amaze us. Everyday you do something new! It's like a switch was flipped in the last month and all of a sudden you are no longer a baby. You're our little girl! You're a toddler!
Here's some of the new stuff that happened this month:
- You love to brush your hair. When you're in the bath I comb your hair out and you take the comb from me and the first thing you do is look in the silver/drain thingy at your reflection and comb the side of your head.
- You love to make a "fishy face"
- Your kissy face is probably one of my favorite faces in the whole world.
- You like to click your tongue at us and you love it when we do it back to you.
- You can say (sometimes in your own way haha) mama, dada, dog dog, night night, ba ba
- You had your first cold and fever :(
- You went on your first flights! (you were perfection)
- You had your first christmas!
- You are walking/almost running really well when pushing a shopping cart or walker! You'll take 4-6 steps on your own! Tonight you even walked a good 6-8 steps on your own! You'll be walking more than crawling any minute now!
- You've become a full on copy cat. We just need to show you once and you want to do it yourself.
- You've started to get a bit of separation anxiety. You hate it when one of us leaves the room. You cry for a short period of time almost every time. You had a bit of a "mama" phase this month too. I secretly LOVED that you preferred me.
- You are getting into everything. You LOVE to pull out everything in my drawers and cabinets in the kitchen (we are now fully baby proofed and you HATE being locked out)
- You are climbing up on everything! You are a little monkey! It makes us nervous because you have NO FEAR.
- You love drinking milk from your sippy cup in the evening. For some reason during the day you will only take sips. After dinner, though, you LOVE to sit on the couch with us and CHUG your milk from the sippy. It's now our favorite time of day.
- Favorite foods: Pizza, pasta, lasagna (really anything with red sauce) green beans and sweet potatoes.
- You are beginning to despise any "baby" food or anything that requires us to feed you using a spoon. YOU want to do it.
- You don't love sweets. WHAT? You'd prefer the above foods any day. How is it possible you are ours? haha
- We can finally can do piggies in your hair this month!
- You have 6 teeth and more coming.
- You are still flirty shy with strangers. You smile, hide your face a little and then look again.
- You still love being pantless.
- You still love baths
- You say, "MMMMMMMMMu" and clap when we ask, "What does a cow say?" (more on that later)
Liv, to know you is to love you. You are a dream. Happy Birthday. We couldn't be prouder.
No comments:
Post a Comment