Wes and I were definitely a little nervous about the trip home! While in AZ all three of us caught a little bug so none of us were really in the mood for a flight! The worst part is that Liv had diarrhea! It was the first time she'd ever had it so it was definitely new to Wes and I. Poor thing had at least 2 big "episodes" a day (for a few days). We even had to change her on the back of Wes' dad's truck twice!! Luckily it doesn't rain there so we never had to change her out in the rain! We even had to stop and change a massive "episode" on our WAY to the airport. WE WERE SOOOOOOOO SCARED she would have a blowout on the plane!! OMG. I didn't sleep the night before because I was planning how we would take care of it. What we would do, how we'd change her, how I'd change her outfit, etc.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Coming Home
Well, THANKFULLY, we didn't have ANY problems!Our Liv continues to surprise us. She's so amazing. We are truly blessed. She was an angel. She slept the first hour and then just ate and played the last hour and a half. THANK GOD!!! She's amazing. Can't say it enough.
It was a beautiful flight as well. Here are some pics of Mt. Rainier and the water as we were descending into Seattle.
Wes downloaded some apps on his iPhone for kids/babies and they were a hit! I'm always so impressed with how quickly she can pick things up now. She was doing it all on her own. You have to touch the screen to get the animal to come out and make a sound, then you had to touch it again to make it go away for the next one. Simple, yet fun! She was loving it!
This video is just my favorite because it's pretty much just a shot of her cheeks for 30 seconds. Oh how I love those chubbers.
Once we got home, we were all pretty tired. Wes and I picked up dinner on our way home and decided to just let Liv play while we ate. She was just playing so nicely! I think she was a TINY bit excited to have ALL the toys to herself for the first time in 11 days! haha. As much as she LOVED hanging out with her cousins, I think she was loving the quiet play time. Wes and I were enjoying our food and all of a sudden we realized how quiet it was (which is never good). We look over the couch and see our little chub sitting ON TOP of her music table! This has NEVER happened before. Wes and I can BOTH see a serious difference in Liv since coming home. It's like she learned how to be a "big girl" with the big kids! She's trying and doing so much all of a sudden! So as dangerous as this is, it made us laugh as she had NO CLUE how to get down.
Thanks again to Brian, Sandy, Tom and Jane for everything! We felt so welcome and had an absolute blast. You are all amazing. Thank you thank you thank you thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Always LOVE coming home after a trip. Kids are always on their best behavior and love playing with their toys!!
Post a Comment