Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Time to Party! Olivia's First Birthday!


I have no words. It was amazing. There is nothing more surreal than planning and actually celebrating your firstborn's first birthday. I was SO EXCITED. I barely slept the night before. The whole morning of the party I was in shock that it was actually here. My baby is 1! My baby is 1?

It turned out perfect. Perfect day. Perfect people. Perfect food and spirits. Perfect Livie.

We had these picture banners draped all over the party. They were so adorable. Ah the memories!




Jane helped me decorate the cakes and cupcakes and I had this amazing woman make the cupcake toppers with little pictures of Liv. How cute is that?







PROUD parents!!! Wes and I were BEAMING the whole day. We were so excited.


The house was covered in pink! Love it.






My mom even found pink processco!!! It went well with our two shades of pink lemonade. :)



Here's our birthday girl!! I still cannot believe it. She was pink perfection!





Wes and I had a quiet moment upstairs in her room before we brought her down to see everyone. Just the three of us. It was one of the most peaceful yet exhilarating moments of my life. We were just taking the moment to get her dressed, breathe, try and remember how amazing we felt at that very moment and enjoy Liv's last quiet minutes before the chaos ensued. We also took the chance to have a little photo shoot...obviously!





Bloomer girl!


She was having issues crawling in the dress as it kept catching on her knees! She ended up bear crawling the whole day!


Time for cake!





She wasn't overly excited about the cake. haha. She was actually more interested in poking at it and feeding me and Wes than actually eating it herself! It was adorable...and very lady like. ;)













Here's what it looked like after Liv (and a few others) had a crack at it! YUM!


Comb over twins as we like to call them!


Liv and her two papas!! She looks like both of them so much!




Chub sandwich!


She had fun opening a couple presents too! You know how it is with a 1year old. The first two or three are fun, then it's off to the next thing and it's up to mom to sit and open by herself in the middle of the room. haha.



With her bestie.


Grandma Jane! Thanks for all your help.



Thank you to my girls for coming! It was so much fun to see you!!! Lovelove love.


Dag Rune, Katrina and Kaia got Liv the most amazing gift! Check out that ride!!! Liv LOVES honking the horn and walking behind it, pushing it around the room. She hasn't quite gotten the whole pushing forward while riding it yet; but she can sure ride it and push backwards!




After presents, this little cutie was hungry again so we took off the dress and gave her some lunch. She was more excited about the cheese and turkey than the cake! haha!! Wes and I were joking that we should have put a candle in the middle of a bowl of spaghetti or a slice of pizza! She would have crushed those! haha



She couldn't run around naked all afternoon so Grandma Annie put her in the most adorable little play outfit. How often do you get to wear a coug t-shirt with ruffle butt pants? haha



Playing with all the kids! It was so much fun chasing after the boys! She was CRACKING UP trying to catch up with them.


My mom and Ken got Liv this BEAUTIFUL chair. She absolutely loves it (and so do we)! She climbs all over it and loves to stand on it and jump jump jump while holding on the back of it. We need to work on exiting though. She loves to just launch herself off the sides or back of it!


She also loves to just lounge in it.


JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!


At the end of the night, Wes took a couple of quick portraits of our beauty to mark the occasion. I love that face to pieces.




THANK YOU to Wes, my mom, Ken, Tom, Jane, Dad, Val, Katrina and Dag Rune for all your help with the food, fun and festivities! It was truly a perfect day. I went to sleep smiling. I can't imagine a better first birthday celebration. I can't think of a better way to celebrate such an amazing life.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful party, beautiful first birthday girl, beautiful family!! LOVE!!!! Job well done you guys, what a celebration!!! Great photos of a perfect day!! Happy 1st Birthday Va Va, we love you!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously have tears in my eyes. I can't believe that they are one already/almost! Happy Birthday, Olivia! I hope you get something special in the mail soon! ;)

kkp1220 said...

Love the party dress. It was so cute;-0 All the decorations were perfect too. We've got a little party planner in the family;-0

Bill and Paige said...

love the dress...so cute!!