Katrina and I had a mom day on Saturday!! It was amazing!! Wes and Dag Rune took the girls and had a day of "dad's rules" that included junk food and basketball (naps, bottles and dirty diapers too! haha.
Katrina and I started the day by getting spa pedicures! It was so nice to, A. Shower, do my hair and actually get a little "dressed up" (meaning no sweats) and B. do some "mom talk" and spend the day not worrying about feedings or nap times.
After the pedis we headed into Bellevue where we saw the movie Remember Me. The BEST part was that we got there a little early so we had time to grab a cocktail at the bar right next to the theater. I haven't had a drink in a LOOONNGG time so sipping on my one pomegranate martini (pictured above) tasted SOOOO GOOD! We had so much fun talking, laughing and enjoying our time. The funny thing about having a break from the babes is that you spend the whole time thinking and talking about them. We even told the bartender about them (like he cares!! lol) We sure did miss them! Luckily Wes sent me picture texts throughout the day so I could see what she was up to. I missed her SO MUCH! By the time we saw them again I wouldn't put her down.
After our drink and the movie, we headed over to Nordys and spent some time shopping. It was HILARIOUS. Let's just say both of us aren't exactly down to our "goal weights." We spent the whole time trying things on and saying really loudly, "Well, since we JUST HAD BABIES this doesn't look good." It was so funny because it was like we were proclaiming it to everyone around us (and almost more saying it out loud so we feel better about OURSELVES!) so they knew why we are a little bigger than normal (even though, let's be honest, nobody even noticed). hahahaha. Too funny.
After our shopping excursion we headed over to meet the boys (and girls) at church for 5 o'clock mass. After church we all went out to a FABULOUS new restaurant in Bellevue. Both girls slept the whole time. It was PERFECT! A glass of Prosecco, an amazing dinner and wonderful company made for a hilarious, fun evening.
It was truly a great day!

2 comments:
Love it!! You are truly a Mommy :)
what a fun day for you guys!!! love that you went to a bar and then church ;) let's plan a day like that when I am up there! :)
Post a Comment