When I was recovering from pneumonia, I wasn't able to lay down because I literally couldn't breath. We had the FABULOUS idea to bring in a recliner chair so I could put my feet up and recline just enough to get sleep without feeling like I was drowning. Luckily my Grandma and Grandpa Jo had a couple of recliners at the beach house that we could take. My mom and Ken picked it up and here it sits!!
It is seriously not attractive and DOESN'T match the room, but let me tell you, IT IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE THING to feed, burp, nap, relax in. It has been a life saver! BUT, it takes up half the living room, it's old school, it's brown, the HUGE handle on the side cracks me up and every time you push the leg rest down it makes a HUGE BANG! haha
Every time I clean up the room, I look at it and think, "WOW, we need to get rid of that thing." But then at night when it's 3 AM and I am cuddling up with my little love, there is nothing better in the world than that puffy, soft, 1980's fabric. :) Oh how I love the chair.
One other great thing about the chair is that it was my Grandpa Jo's (he passed away a couple of years ago). This was "his chair" and practically lived in the thing. Ever since we've had it in the house, Liv looks up in the corner above the chair and laughs and laughs. Some say babies can see angels and I BELIEVE IT! She cracks up! It's so crazy and makes me happy.
So for now it stays. Someday though, I'll have to part with it. Thanks Grandpa Jo!
2 comments:
I think the chair is Fabulous! Comfort is so in!! Baby Livie looks like such a big girl with Grandma Annie!! Love it :)
I beleive that she can see your grandpa or some sort of light from him!! No doubt in my mind:)
Post a Comment