Friday, April 3, 2009

Opening Day!

I can't believe that it is already baseball season again. I guess it doesn't feel like it in the NW since its still snowing.

Yesterday was opening day for Soft Bank Hawks so I got my first experience attending a baseball game in Japan. The Japanese love baseball. Throughout the game they are chanting, singing, yelling and using noise makers. It is a very fun game to watch and I spent a lot of time watching the crowd. The Hawks won 8-0.

Check out this video. This is what they do for the 7th inning stretch.

Here is another video showing a normal inning. The crowd only sings when the Hawks are batting.

I am off to the ballpark for a day game today.

I can't believe my trip is almost over. The week has gone by very fast and I have definitely missed being at home and hanging out with my beautiful wife.

Marie - I can't wait to see you. Love you!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

The whole balloon thing is crazy!!! Austin is going to LOVE it!! He watched the video with me and laughed so hard, I can't wait to see what he does in person! Glad you are having a great trip, have fun your last few days!! :)