Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Wes and I had a great Easter this year. We went to my dad's house, spent the day with family and ate a TON of delicious food!


When we got home, we found a big Easter basket on our doorstep from "The Easter Bunny" aka my amazing mom.

My WHOLE life, my mom made all holidays SO much fun. Ever since I can remember and all the way through the end of high school, she made every holiday (even the smaller ones) fun. Every morning before school (all the way through high school), she made me a full breakfast of waffles (she would cut them up for me too because she did it better ;)) or eggs and toast, pancakes, etc. On Valentine's Day or St. Patty's, I would go down for breakfast and my milk would be dyed the holiday's color (pink on V-Day, green for St. Patty's, etc.) and I would have a new shirt or outfit to wear to school that day that went with the holiday (red top for V-day, etc.). To this day, I love telling people about that because I always thought it was so much fun. Easter was always a big holiday for us. The house would be FILLED with hidden chocolates and treats. She would make a trail of chocolate candies (one inch apart) all the way from my bedroom, down the stairs and throughout the house to lead me to the big basket at the end. I loved it! So much fun. She really made all of the holidays special and unique.

This year, we came home to this adorable basket with a couple of gorgeous dish towels (I've been needing some), some toys and a cookie for Sammie, and these REALLY amazing m&m's. If you look closely you will see that they are customized for us!!! It was a really sweet gift. Thanks mom! Love you!


This m&m says The FalkyFam


This m&m has a picture of Sammie on it!


This one says Happy Easter.


This is a picture of us! Isn't that cool?


These little eggs were holding a bunch of the candy too. Too cute!





Happy Easter! 

We missed being with the Falkenborgs too! Happy Easter Brian, Sandy, Austin, Baby Girl, Tom and Jane!!! We love you!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

What an adorable and creative basket!! Love the m&m's!!! Let's make sure we don't use your new pretty towels for Austin's messes when he comes over to eat, lol ;) Glad you guys had a fun Easter!!