Have you ever taken a ride on the back of a grocery cart?
It is up towards the top of my list of little things that make me smile.
Yesterday, I was forced to brave the crowds of Costco alone (Wes had to work) and was kind of feeling rushed and not in a very good mood.
As soon as I left the store, a smile came to my face as I saw a big open lane in the parking lot. I built up some speed and jumped onto the back of the cart while I flew down the aisle!
I know it is a bit childish. But I seriously can't help but smile every time I breeze down the aisle with the wind in my face and the freedom of not caring who's watching.
I left that parking lot feeling really great. I also end up laughing to myself every time as I create a mental image of how dumb I probably look. But who cares! :)
Just a thought. Next time you are leaving the grocery store and feel like you need a pick-me-up, walk a little faster and jump on. It feels great.

No comments:
Post a Comment