Friday, July 27, 2012

Introducing Colette Marie Falkenborg

She's here! 
Colette Marie Falkenborg was born on July 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM.
9 lbs. 10 oz.
21 inches long



Having a scheduled C-section was definitely a nice change from last time. Wes and I checked in to the hospital at 5:30 AM calm, cool and collected. We were SO READY to meet this little girl! I'm still in awe at how relaxed and ready we were. It was so surreal to be relaxing together in our hospital room knowing we'd be meeting our new daughter in a matter of hours. Everything went pretty smoothly and she was born right on time! She let out a huge scream when she was born and had a really strong cry immediately (Liv cried for second or so and was quiet the rest of the time so it was a welcomed change! Nothing sounds better than a baby's cry after they are born). 


This picture makes me so happy. Wes was sitting with me when they pulled her out and took her over to this table. She was crying so Wes went over to see her and as soon as he started talking to her to calm her down she went silent and SHOT her arm straight out to him and grabbed his finger. She sat quiet and content just like this after that point. It was the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed. 



Big baby! 9 oz. bigger than her sister and a half inch shorter.





I couldn't stop kissing her. I still can't...





Everyone was there waiting to meet our newest edition! All three sets of parents, Liv and my sister Michaela were all there and ready to celebrate (my sister Jo Jo was out of town. We missed you Jo! xoxo)






Have you ever seen anything so hilarious? Look at her face! haha She looks like a sumo wrestler!!!! 




Proud daddy!




The grandparents


Dad and his girls!







Liv could not love her "baby sisser" more! She's amazed by her tiny hands and feet. She's so sweet with her.


Mommy and her girls!


First family pic!



Such a little beauty







We had a great experience overall. We had a small blip the second day when I got a little fever and my lung started to hurt and affect my breathing a bit (from my pleurisy/pneumonia when I had Liv. I still have scar tissue in there).  Luckily everything resolved itself and I was better by day 3 (THANK GOD!!!). 

We are over the moon in love with this little girl and can't wait to spend every day getting to know her little personality!

No comments: