Saturday, July 28, 2012

Going Home

We've really been enjoying having Colette around this past week. Having a summer baby is so nice!

So far this little girl has been the sweetest baby. She literally only cries when she's hungry. The funny thing about her is that she's totally calm and then when she's hungry she goes from zero to screaming in 1 second flat. It's a screechy scream too (Liv didn't have this. She had more of a grunt). It's like a warning shot. It's one LOUD screech that let's you know she means business! We joke that it sounds like a velociraptor. haha



Liv loves to help.







She's been such a great sleeper. It's almost too good to be true. I was so sick after I had Liv that this time seems almost easy. It's amazing how much easier it is to care for a newborn when you don't have pleurisy/pneumonia! haha 

As of now she sleeps so well that we only have one feeding in the middle of the night. She eats at 10, 2 and 5/6. It's been really nice. I don't feel overly tired (yet... I realize it's just the first week).  I'm able to pump for bottles so Wes takes the morning feeding so he gets a solid 5 hours at the beginning of the night and I get 5 straight after the 2 AM feeding. It's a great setup! 




We gave Liv a new bike the day after we got home from the hospital. She loved riding it around. It was so cute to see her reaction to the surprise!



Here she is showing us her moves.







I'm spending as much time as I can snuggling this little love. I feel like I'm doing a good job of really TAKING IN EVERY MOMENT with her at this age as I know how fast it went with Liv. A blink of an eye and they are toddlers!







Liv has been so sweet and gentle with her. She is always asking where baby sister is and wants to hold her.




No comments: