Friday, March 30, 2012

Our Babymoon

Wes and I decided to take a little "Babymoon" to have a little time away for some R&R before the baby comes. I had never heard of the "baby moon" until recently. I thought it was a great idea. One last little trip before baby comes. 

Yes, I realize we have a little over 4 months to go, but I wanted to go before I was a giant and too uncomfortable to walk around all day. 

We decided to go to Victoria, BC as neither of us has ever been before and it has always been a place we wanted to check out. It's also only a 2 and a half hour boat ride away! It made for a great trip.

What a beautiful city! It's so clean and everyone is so nice! We had a fabulous trip. 

The BEST part is that the weather was gorgeous!!! We got so lucky. 

Here's a pic of our hotel. We stayed at the Fairmont Empress (kind of a landmark for the area. It's been around forever) and it did not disappoint. 




Great view from the room.



We spent the weekend walking around, shopping, EATING (we had the most amazing food!), relaxing, sleeping in, EATING THE BEST ROOM SERVICE EVER and taking in every moment knowing we can do anything we want whenever we wanted! I also spent one afternoon at the Fairmont spa. It was perfection. I got in a 20 minute swim in their mineral pool, relaxed in their fountains and had the BEST MASSAGE EVER! How could this trip get any better?


It was a little breezy the first day on the water so we had to wear our coats here and there but it was SO NICE TO SIT IN THE SUN!!! We even got a little sunburn on our cheeks after two days of walking around and eating outside. AAAAAAHHHHH HEAVEN.



One of the BEST parts about this trip (in a pregnant woman's eyes) was the Soda Shoppe right across the street from our hotel. It was this amazing old school ice cream/candy shop. They had malts, shake concoctions, ice cream, candy and espresso. It was my heaven. 



Banana splits are in my top 5 favorite things in the world to eat. I was in pure bliss. This was so dang good I can't even tell you!


We officially had ice cream every single day. 



What a great trip! We loved every moment, lived it up and were ready to be home to snuggle with this little princess...




Thanks to Nani and Papa for spending the weekend with Liv. She had such a good time! And so did we. :) 

No comments: