Thursday, June 17, 2010

5 Months!



Our baby is 5 months old today!

Louie, you are truly a blessing. We love you more EVERY DAY...if that's even possible.

You are seriously the sweetest, happiest, smartest, prettiest, most perfectest baby I know! I'm your mom, trust me, I know these things. :)

You are a rolling machine! You love rolling off your mats/blankets and moving to other parts of the room (have been for a couple weeks). You especially love rolling away while we are in the middle of a diaper change. We have gotten really good at putting a diaper on while you are sideways or upside down!

You are getting SO GOOD at napping during the day. You are slowly moving towards taking two to three 1.5-2 hour naps a day! That's a big deal. Only one month ago you were taking five half hour naps a day. Woo Hoo!

You are sucking down 8 oz now and continue to love food. You love to sit at the dinner table with us to watch the food go from our plate to our mouths. You're almost ready for cereal! One more month!

Every morning when your daddy goes to get you, he brings you in to see me (while I'm getting ready in the bathroom) before he takes you downstairs to feed you. When you come in, you are always FULL of shy smiles. It's my favorite.

My favorite thing to do with you is kiss your cheeks. We do this thing where I kiss your right cheek, then your left, then your right, then your left and so on for 3 minutes straight. I can't ge enough. While I do this, you smile and talk. It's hilarious! You can be silent and if I start doing that, you begin going on and on, talk and talk! It's like your saying, "Oh geez! Here we go again! Seriously mom??" You also have started to push away when you've hit your kissing limit. I can kiss and kiss those cheeks for a good period of time while you smile and talk, but when you are sick of kisses, you make a face and push my face away from you. It makes me laugh every time.

I think you have really started the teething process. You are a drooling machine and are obsessed with chewing on your hands! You talk and talk with your hands in your mouth. I'm scared for when you really start to cut teeth!

This month you've really started to notice Sammie. She makes you LAUGH so hard!!! All she has to do is walk by and you laugh. She's been warming up to you as well. She'll now lay next to you, nuzzle your face and give you kisses. It's too cute!

You are our favorite person in the whole wide world. Thank you for being ours.

No comments: