Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Really? Only 10 more weeks? Wait...REALLY?


I know it may seem like a long time still, but it REALLY isn't!! haha

69 days????

Beginning of Slight FreakOut...

Yesterday Wes and I were relaxing together (he was feeling Liv do one of her famous dances) and I looked up and was like, "Oh my gosh, there's a real person coming in only a matter of weeks! WAIT....FOR REAL????" He was like, "I know!! (cracking up)"

We looked at each other and said, "What did we do????? (all the while laughing)"

We were cracking up because you go through the whole process. Married for 3+ years, decided we'd had a really great time, truly did it right and were ready to settle down and start a family. Then it's, "Ok, let's just have fun, not worry about it and see what happens." Well that lasted just over a month and WHAM!!! Congrats you're preggers (I thought I would have at least 6 months! LOL)! Then there's the pregnancy and being SO excited and grateful for everything that comes with it and sometimes you forget that a real, live person is on the way!! A REAL ONE with hands and toes and a personality!

What will she look like? What's her personality going to be like? Will she be feisty or a calm soul? What if she's 11 pounds at birth? What will my recovery be like? Will I ever sleep again? Will I be able to handle all of it? How should we go about immunizations? Will she get bad diaper rashes? Will she be a good eater? What if she has colic? What if she doesn't like to sleep....EVER? What if I have no clue what I'm doing and end up crying everyday? These are the questions I was spouting out to Wes one after another (I had a minor freak out) while he laughed, shook his head and gave me a huge hug.

I know the answer to some of those is yes; I will be exhausted, and I will have no clue what I'm doing, but I know that no matter what, Wes and I are in it together. We were laughing because neither of us has a ton of baby experience (he's never even changed a diaper!) and all of our practice and learning will be taking place on this innocent little one! Poor first born!

The best news about all of this is that we get to do it together. If I can't handle it, he can, and vice versa. We're a team and I take comfort in knowing that no matter what this little angel decides to throw at us, we'll be ready, because we are in it together. I'm not saying it's going to be easy (BECAUSE I KNOW IT'S WON'T), but if we can still laugh and just know we're doing our best, together, we'll make it out alright!

Ok FreakOut ended....

I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You will figure it ALL out! It is the best on the job training. She needs you both, and will love you through your learning experiences! You guys will make a great team, and that is the best!! The Freak out is so normal, and will probably come again 1- 2 weeks out! :)

. said...

At least I'm not the only one freaking out! :)

Sandy said...

don't worry, you guys are going to be the best parents!!! Sure, you may be a little sleep deprived and not know what the heck you're doing at first, but believe me, it's the best job you will ever have and it will teach you more than you will ever know ;) olivia is one lucky little girl, she is in great hands :) we can't wait to meet her!!!