Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Two and a Half Year Old

I've been posting a lot about our newborn lately so I wanted to do a post all about my fabulous toddler!

Oh, Louie. This little girl is full of surprises and keeps us on our toes every day! She definitely gave us a run for our money for a couple weeks after Colette was born. Life for this little girl flipped upside down and, for the most part, she has done a really great job of adjusting (for a two year old). We had a couple weeks of tantrums for TINY things that would have never bothered her before. It was so frustrating. I'm happy to report, though, that after a month of "figuring our out our new life and schedule" this little princess has settled down and is back to her sweet self. THANK GOD!!!! Phew!!

As I said, Liv is back and is loving helping me out with her baby sister. She's so sweet with her and always wants to help feed, hold and blanket Colette. There's only been one "trying to pick her up from her bassinet by herself" moment and luckily I was right there to stop it before she got her up. lol

She's also become a full on daddy's girl and has recently decided to prefer him over me in general (tear). Yes, I know this is normal when a new baby comes home and the firstborn spends more time with dad while mom takes care of the baby....BUUUUTTTT it makes me a little sad. The good news is that she still wants mommy kisses when she gets hurt. So at least I still get that!!! Now that things have settled down, Liv and I have been able to spend more time one on one while Wes is at work and I've cherished the time. 

I'm just over the moon for this sweet, quirky girl.


Cookie Monster! I love these pictures. She looks so old!



Liv has been loving dressing herself lately. She is really good at shoes. She can put her own shoes on (the ones without laces of course) and even gets the feet right. It's so nice for when it's time to leave and I can just send her over to put her shoes on by herself! In the below pics you can see that she took it upon herself to put her shirt on. This time it ended up backwards and with only one shoulder. lol


And this is her posing for me and showing off her outfit. Is a half-on shirt and undies considered an outfit??? haha




Still posing...



Liv LITERALLY spent the last month naked. The weather has been really nice so she's been obsessed with being naked. This girl would be naked all day every day if she could. On this day she decided to ride her bike naked. hahahaha I love this pic.


This pic cracks me up!!!! We do this thing where we do HAPPY FACE (and smile) and then we do SAD FACE (and we frown) and then happy and then sad over and over. We started doing it over a year ago and now I use it to get her to smile for pics. This is her sad face. It's more of a mad face in this one which makes me laugh. She looks like a pissed off princess!!!! hahaha


I can't say it enough; this girl is amazing and we love her so damn much. Can you tell?

No comments: