Tuesday, August 16, 2011

PERSPECTIVE


I've been meaning to write this for a while now. I wasn't sure how it would come out. But I have to get it out.

I've been truly touched by a baby that I've never even met. Baby Ruby and her family are my heroes. Their grace and strength is something to admire. And I do.

Their beautiful little 7 month old just passed away from a rare liver disease. I've been following their blog for months now and I always thought she'd pull through. I don't know the family, but they have touched me in so many ways. I will never forget them.

If you would like to meet a beautiful family that embodies strength, love and faith go here:

Before you judge and say, "I don't want to read that! It's so depressing!" Stop yourself. This blog isn't about death and dying. It's about life, love and faith. It's truly inspiring.

If you read the blog you will know a mom (just like all of us) who lives and breathes her girls. It's something we can all relate to. A little while ago, she posted a blog about perspective. It hit me like a ton of bricks. If you are a mom (or really anyone who has loved ones), do yourself a favor and READ THIS post. It opened my eyes. It's something that has truly changed my daily life.

Because of that post, I vow to stop worrying about putting the dishes away and use the time to snuggle Liv and read just one more book. I vow to use every moment we have here on this earth to really love everyone in my life the way they deserve to be loved. I'll spend every moment of my day thankful for my beautiful daughter and try my best to be as patient as possible (even if it's in the middle of the night). I'll get off my computer and play with Liv on the floor. I'll continue to take advantage of every minute I have with Wes after Liv's bedtime. I'm going to go big or go home.

One of Ani's (the mom on that blog) friends wrote this on her blog about Ruby and I couldn't agree more, "Life is a beautiful thing. I hope that I can take advantage of the time that I have been given. I hope to be a more loving and patient mother. I hope to be a more dedicated and loving wife to my husband. I want to love hard, live hard, and be completely worn out when my time comes."

A couple of weeks ago one of my sorority sisters lost her husband of 10 days. He was 27 and died while running on the treadmill. I've been haunted by the news for weeks now and can't seem to shake it. I need to slow down. I need to appreciate what I have. I need to consciously take more time with the people I love and hug them like I MEAN it (because I do).

LIFE IS SHORT

So this is me. Vowing to go big or go home. You've got to love big and take advantage of EVERY SINGLE SECOND we have.

If you read Ani's blog and feel as touched as I am, feel free to go to this website and buy some hair bows/headbands. Every single dollar will go to Ruby's family. I already went on and bought a ton of bows. They are absolutely adorable.

Now I'm off to spend time with my handsome hubs. Maybe you should too!

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

OMG I've been reading her blog for since Ruby was diagnosed. I have no idea how I stumbled across it. I have spent many nights crying for that little girl. I've even donated to their auction to help raise money to pay medical bills.