Wes and I decided to rent a house in Chelan for a week this summer and boy did we have fun! Lake Chelan, as you've heard many, many times, is one of our all time favorite places to go. It's so relaxing and the weather is amazing!!!
The house was gorgeous. We had our own pool, hot tub, huge deck and a great view of the lake. The weather was also perfection. We couldn't have asked for more!
This little chair came with the house. She LOVED it! Note the water pouring down her chest...
The cabinets weren't baby proofed so she was loving getting into them as much as she could. Here she is cooking me breakfast.
The first day was partly cloudy so we decided to take a walk downtown and have lunch by the river. It was SO MUCH FUN!
We ate the best pizza. Liv was loving it too!
Then we were off to do a little wine tasting at this new winery we had never been to. Here's Liv clapping at the two labs she was playing with.
My mom and Ken came out for two days so Wes and I could do some fun activities as a couple. Here's Liv feeding Ken some snacks.
Here's a picture of us from Chelan taken in '03. We were still in college. Don't we look so young? Look at Wes! haha

We recreated the shot this year. 8 years later!
'03
'11
On Saturday, Wes and I went fishing! We hired a guide to take us out on the lake and fish for mainly trout. Wes caught the biggest one of the day! It was a 16 lb Macanaw! How cool is that? It was huge!!!!! Tasted great too!
Our guide has a dog named Taz that liked to play with the poor fish while they were still alive. It was cute but gross and cruel at the same time. He liked to chase the flopping fish around until he could catch it and then would proceed to lick all over. YUCK! He was a sweet doggy though.
This is my smallest of the day. I should have taken a pic with my big one! I caught 5 and Wes caught 7.
We only kept these 4. It was such a fun day! THanks mom and Ken for watching Liv so we could go!
When we got back, Liv was ready for the pool!
At night we'd hang out by the fire pit.
Wes and I were also able to take out the kayaks. It was so nice just to be taking our time floating around the lake. It was gorgeous!
Ready for more swimming!
Liv slept SO WELL while we were there. I can actually say it was a vacation! Wes and I got a good 3 hour block every afternoon to lay by the pool and just relax!
Before my parents left, we went over to Benson Winery (our favorite) for a little tasting and mostly for the view.
We had to keep an eye on this one. She wanted to swim in those fountains!
One morning the three of us headed to a beach nearby, laid out a blanket and just relaxed in the shade. It was heavenly. So peaceful!! I can't think of anything I'd rather do than lay under a BIG leafy tree in the sun.
This quilt is SO SPECIAL to me. My dad's grandma made it. It's been in our family for YEARS and now I get to use it with mine! Love it.
We ate at Campbell's one night too. Liv seemed so grown up! She had her own "big girl" cup and spent her time coloring. So adorable!
We bought this golf set for her while there. She LOVES to wheel it around. She's also getting a pretty good swing! She can actually hit the ball pretty far!
One day we took a little trip to Blueberry Farms. It's this amazing farm where you can pick berries, walk around the orchards or just take in the view with a burger and a milkshake!
We had lunch on their huge deck. This place was SO COOL!
Inside the restaurant they had so much fun stuff to look at!
They had an entire area with sunglasses hanging from the ceiling.
You can't really see here, but there are records, lights and misc stuff hanging as well.
MMMMMMMM dessert case!
Homemade pies too!
The berries aren't ready for another month so we just walked around a bit.
Here's a couple of shots of the house.
This is how I spent every afternoon...
On our last night, we walked into town and got giant ice cream cones. It was perfection.
We had the best week. I'm going through withdrawals. We are definitely going back as soon as we can.
PS. Couple videos to come...
1 comment:
what an awesome house!! how fun!!! love chelan!!! great pics, looks like you guys had an amazing week ;)
Post a Comment