Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach House!

My family has a beach house on the Puget Sound where my grandpa grew up. It's been in our family FOREVER! I grew up going to this place and have the best memories of spending time there.

It was a gorgeous 77 degree day (finally!!) on Saturday so we decided to pack up the car and enjoy a day at the beach with my mom and Ken!


She was playing my mom's ukulele from when she was a kid.


She also played with our old wooden blocks. She also stayed busy building these really tall towers for a while!


Time for the beach!


Wes and Ken took the kayaks out and literally kayaked next to a gray whale! Can you believe that? Wes didn't know it was there until all of a sudden it surfaced and blew out his spout! WOW! I'm SOOOOOOO glad I wasn't there. I would have had a heart attack AS I fell into the whale water! hahaha


The tide was out! It was gorgeous.


Liv absolutely loved playing on the beach! It was her first real experience playing in the sand.


We spent an hour or so just playing in the warm sand. She was in heaven!



Then we went wading in the shallow mud flats. It was SO WARM! The sun heats the mud and then as the shallow water comes in, it gets warm (hence the reason the beach is called Warm Beach).



This girl was loving life! She got so muddy and wet and couldn't have been happier.






Playing on the deck while we snacked on some yummy apps!




With all the mud, we had to take a bath and do a costume change!












Pardon my PASTEY legs! haha






And here she is on the way home. She was OUT!!! Such a fun day in the sun! Wes and I are so happy we made the trip up. We'll definitely be back soon.

No comments: