Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Father Son Holy Spirit. Amen..YES!

Since I can remember, my family has said grace before dinner. We hold hands, say the blessing, do a quick prayer, make the sign of the cross and we are ready to chow down. At some point during my childhood we all added a, "YES!" at the end of the cross. If you know the Bromfields at all you know we love our food so I'm guessing that's how it started. We were saying, "YES!! We can eat!!" We ALL (parents, sisters AND even Wes!) throw our arms up in the air and say, "Yes!" every single time.

Wes and I have been doing it with Liv now at dinner every night. At first she'd only do the YES part, but now she taps her chest (her way of doing the cross) first and then says YES just like us! I can't wait to show off her skills at the next big family dinner!

No comments: