Last weekend Wes, Liv and I met up with the Svendsen family at a local pumpkin "patch." The reason I say "patch" is because it was really just an amazing property in Issaquah with grass fields filled with pumpkins nicely laid out for the kids to pick out. It was so funny because this was my first pumpkin patch experience and I expected to see a farm. Nope! This was the suburb's version of a "farm."
They had a barn with a couple of gorgeous horses, a bouncy house and the field of pumpkins was filled with miniature donkeys and horses. They were so cute and the family would give you food to feed the little guys. They also, of course, had lattes and fun fair type food. It was a good time. Perfect for us.
Of course Fark (one of my besties from college, Nicole Svendsen, for those who don't know her) and I were too busy running around that we didn't get a picture together. What were we thinking? Next year for sure!
They had a photographer there to take free portraits of the families if you donated a can of food!
Here are some pics of Liv before we left. I made her Halloween headband. If you look close you can see the black side is fabric that has spider webs and spiders on it. The orange side is filled with pumpkins!
She was done. So off we went!!!
We fed all the animals.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day. We've seriously have had the most amazing fall I can remember. It's been SO SUNNY! Love it.
Here's the "patch".
She was exploring everything. She loved it all.
I was lucky to get one shot of her looking at the camera. She was trying to see it all. You can see the mini horse in the background.
These mini's were seriously not afraid of anything or anyone. Wes and I were standing next to each other talking to Nicole and all of a sudden we both lurched forward because this donkey pushed past behind us! It was crazy.
Here's a pic of the house. They were right on the river. The property was beautiful.
Here is a little "secret garden" they have too. It was cool.
Good times! Thanks Svendsens for joining! Always a good time.
After the "patch", we went out to a fabulous lunch in Issaquah. Look at Wes' burger!!! It had bacon, eggs and blue cheese! It was seriously one of the best burgers I have ever had.
Liv was tuckered out from all the excitement!

1 comment:
Love her headband!!
Post a Comment