I am at the airport right now waiting to take the long flight home. We had a conference call so we had to get here really early. Here's a recommendation from me to you... Don't try and facilitate a conference call from an airport. Our clients couldn't hear us, we were all getting cut off, the phone was cutting out and of course all the crazy, loud, spirited Bostontonians "talking" behind us. We pretty much got nothing done so we ended early. That's fine though because now I have time to blog!
Last night was PHENOMENAL!!!
View from the boat!
Me and my co-worker, Erica on the boat
We took a big boat through the haaabaaaaahh (Harbor) to the Navy Yard that's right on the water. We got off the boat to find the baaaa (bar) was on the doc! Apps were being served and we had a really nice happy hour. Next was the tent. We walked in and to our surprise there was a FABULOUS 80s/90s cover band! There was also a caricature artist and a photobooth with pirate, George Washington, southern belle, and revolutionary soldier costumes! It was HILARIOUS. I will have to scan the pic in and post it here. The band was great too! They played all my favorite 80s songs. Everyone was on the dance floor. The BEST part of the night, though, was dinner. Full lobsters, corn on the cob, clam chowder, cole slaw and potato salad!!! THAT lobster was the best thing I have ever had. We ate it with melted butter and had to crack them ourselves. We had so much fun.
This lobster was AMAZING!
Notice the bib!
Me and my co-worker Shane. This was from the photobooth with the costumes.
Me and my co-worker Adam.
After the event we went out to a good 'ol Boston pub called Sullivan's. The locals were hilarious. They tried to help me work on my Boston accent. Apparently it's horrible. We had a wonderful time and closed down the bar in true Seattle office fashion! Too bad I had to wake up at 7:45 this morning and do a half day of conference. Luckily it went really fast. We had a couple of client meetings after lunch and then headed to the airport.
Overall, I have to say that I will DEFITELY be back. The people are so amazing out here. So loud and fun! Love it.
Friday, September 26, 2008
I'm Tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment