Monday, September 8, 2008

Arizona...THANK GOD FOR THE SUN!



When I accepted my new job, Wes and I decided to take a week off in between jobs and take a trip down to AZ to visit Wes' family and get some much needed R&R.

Ever since Wes' parents moved to AZ four years ago, Wes and I have wanted to make a surprise trip down. When I got the job, we made a quick decision, bought tickets, and told Tom the plan. Jane had NO CLUE. She was sitting on the couch reading her book when Wes and I walked in and he asked her, "What's for dinner?" She looked at us like, "Hey." (expecting just to see Tom) But no big deal. Then she did a BIG double-take and JUMPED up out of her seat and hugged both of us three times each!! It was hilarious. A great surprise that I wasn't sure Tom would be able to keep a secret. He slipped up a couple times, but was luckily able to recover and not give anything away. Good job!! :)

We had an AMAZING five days. We relaxed by the pool, spent time with the fam, played with baby Austin and Sandy, and rejuvinated from a crazy, busy summer.














Wes cooked his FAMOUS Pork Borrritos one night. SOOOO GOOD!

Our little baby Austin is growing up so fast. I can't believe it. He is seriously the MOST ADORABLE, WONDERFUL, PRECIOUS little boy I have ever met. He makes us all so happy. As you know, Austin has grown up going to baseball games. He says, "baseball" every time he sees a game on TV. Sooo cute. One of our favorite things is when he says, "Let's go padres" (well, he says it in his own way. But you know what he is saying. He can definitely say Let's Go though) then if you go, Da Na Na Na Da Na (the sound always played at baseball games), he lifts his arms up in the air and says, "CHARGE!" Here is a little video showing his talents. It is soo cute!!


This video is ADORABLE. I was able to catch Austin playing with Uncle Wesy on camera. I LOVE how they interact. It is so precious. So cuddly!

1 comment:

kkp1220 said...

Looks like a great couple weeks. I had been waiting patiently;-)

Wish we were there, see you next time!!