Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Binki is GONE!!!!

We made it a goal early on that we'd take Liv's binki away at 2. The good news is that she NEVER was allowed to have it out of her crib (accept on planes or long car trips) so we didn't have to break her of having it during the day. Phew! BUT she definitely loved sleeping with it. 

I have been procrastinating taking it away for weeks now. I was dreading it. Luckily Liv used it as a teething ring recently (I think her 2 year molars are coming in) and made a little hole in the side of the part she sucks on. Because of this, I pulled off the end of the nipple and gave it to her to use. She immediately realized it didn't have any "suck" left with no end on it and looked at me and said, "Binki is broken!" I told her it WAS broken and that she could still have it with her if she wanted to hold it. She thew it out and never looked back. That part was the easy part. 

Since the binki is gone, she hasn't napped in three days. I've been told by other moms that this is normal and that it's only a matter of time before she's just so tired she wants to sleep again. So we'll see! Nights have been pretty good since she wasn't napping, she was exhausted. The first night she woke up at midnight and fussed on and off for about 45 minutes. The second night she woke up at 5:30 AM and literally was telling us she was READY TO GET UP!!! WHAT??? NOOOOOO. Not going to happen!!! Luckily she fell back asleep around 6:30 AM and slept until 10! It's been an interesting week to say the least!!! For the most part though, I can't really complain. I was a little stressed about the lack of sleep but it really hasn't been that bad. 

I took a video of her favorite new thing to yell from her crib!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's going well!