Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Vancouver BC 2011

Wes and I decided to take a trip up to Vancouver BC to celebrate our 6 year anniversary!

I've only been there a couple of times in my early 20's for concerts. We pretty much drove in to see the show, hit up the bar scene and leave with a headache the next morning. THIS time we were able to stay two nights to really take in the city. I never realized how BEAUTIFUL the city is! We had amazing, sunny weather and took in every minute of time we had just the two of us.

Here's a view from our hotel room (top floor!).



We loved our hotel! It was really nice and in the BEST location. AND it even had some great people watching. On our second night we were walking home from dinner (best dinner I've had in a while!!!) and saw two women standing in front of the lobby (one of which was crying). As we got closer, I realized the woman consoling the crying woman was Ginnifer Goodwin (from Big Love as well as others)! She looked gorgeous (and TINY) in person by the way. I actually ended up in the bathroom stall next to her and her friend while she tried to make her crying friend feel better (heard some interesting stories!). Random story, but a fun celebrity sighting! Apparently she's in town shooting that new show on ABC called Once Upon a Time.

Another view from the room.

Here's how we started the trip. As soon as we checked in I ordered up some nachos! YES PLEASE! SO good and very necessary. Is anyone else as obsessed with room service as I am??? Love it.


On Saturday Wes and I decided to take a trip down the Granville Island to walk around and get some good food! Granville Island is a combination of Pike Place Market and Freemont. It was so much fun! The market was filled with people, fun gifts and amazing gourmet food! We spent the morning strolling around the island with lattes as we tried on hats at the hat shop, shopped for random gifts for Liv, explored all the crazy food at the market, took pictures on the docks and had a great lunch! Such a great day.





We decided to grab some fresh cured meats, olives, cheese and french bread to make a little picnic outside on the waterfront. Heavenly I tell you!


This is the water taxi we took to get back to the downtown area! Too fun!


Here's a pic of the island from the taxi. From here we walked in to town and spent the afternoon at the spa. It was Wes' first experience with a spa so it was fun to be able to do it together. We got a couples massage and found a new level of relaxation. AAAHHH. Again, heavenly.


Check out these colors!



We had an amazing time. We spent it eating and exploring a new place together. Doesn't get much better! haha This town has fabulous shopping, AMAZING FOOD and wonderful people. I'll be back for sure.

Thanks to my mom and Ken for watching our princess! She had SO MUCH FUN! She was so exhausted by the time we got home from all the playing. We love you! Thanks!!!!

No comments: