Wes and I decided that we needed to take a little "Christmasy" family trip this year. Where did we go you ask??? Chelan! Obviously... I'll bet you are sick of reading about how much we love it there! Every year they do an event called a Small Town Christmas. Every weekend they do different festivities that include santa, sleigh rides, caroling, tree lighting ceremonies, etc. We went up last weekend for three days and enjoyed every single minute of it.
I mean come on. How can you not love a place that looks like this?
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic. She was leaning over and kissing him over and over again. I'm so glad I caught one on camera.
Here's the tree lighting ceremony. It was really cool. It felt like one of those Lifetime Christmas movies where the tiny town has a big Christmas festival and lights the tree together while singing holiday songs(lol). It was so festive! The most hilarious part was that after they had us do a big countdown to turn all the lights in the city off and then you do another countdown to turn them back on (in addition to the big Christmas tree). The first countdown went great. All the lights shut off and it was black. Then we did the big countdown to turn on all the lights and the tree and it was a huge build up. 3, 2, 1....nothing. hahahaha It was like chevy chase in Christmas Vacation. Finally the city lights came on but only HALF the christmas tree lit up. hahaha It was pretty funny. I felt bad for the town electrician working on the tree all day the next day. :)

It was a perfect night. We followed the lighting ceremony with dinner at our favorite spot in town. Liv was so pooped by the time we were done with dinner. She fell asleep on the walk home.
It was also Apple Cup last weekend!!! Unfortunately the cougs lost; but we had fun watching! We got all couged out and went to a great family restaurant in town to watch the big game.

My friend, Tricia, got this dress for Liv. Isn't it adorable?? Thanks Tricia!!

Liv did SOOO WELL!! We watched the ENTIRE football game at our table and she just played, colored and CRUSHED her dinner. It was such a great night.

Here she is watching her show while holding her baby.
Yes, this is my daughter in 25 degree weather wearing TOMS!!!!! THIS CHILD WILL NOT WEAR BOOTS!! I'm lucky if I can get socks on her!!!

GO COUGS!!!!!!!!!
Such a great weekend. Such amazing memories. As always, I'm already excited to go back! haha







2 comments:
what a fun getaway!! next up AZ!!! :) can't wait to get you guys down here!!!! love the pics of liv making silly faces, she's too darn cute!!!
She is so dang cute and starting to look like mommy, I think;-)
Post a Comment