Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Guess it's About that Time...Potty Training (cringe)

I've kind of been dreading this for a while now. Potty training to me sounds like a lot of work and a good amount of stress. Also, to be completely honest, I don't mind changing diapers. Never have. I'm sure someday that will change, but for now I'm good.

Anyways, other moms I know are really starting to work with their toddlers to try and potty train them so I feel a little peer pressure to at least start thinking about it. Crap. I have been concsiously waiting until she showed some interest. There are some really annoying moms out there who go out of there way to brag about how easy their kids potty trained and how their daughter was FULLY 100% trained in 1 day (yes, I had a mom in our gym class try and tell me this). I'm not sure why some moms think anyone will actually believe their ridiculous stories. It kind of makes me laugh. Everyone knows they are full of crap! haha. Side note on this. Said mom ALSO told Katrina and I to go look at this great kids consignment store for potties. Apparently they are great and only $8. WHAT????????????????????? I was dying. hahahhahahahaha. Really? A used potty for only a few dollars less than a new one? EW!!! Anything you just bragged about just got overridden by that awful piece of advice. YUCK! Sorry, small vent on the annoying moms from my class.

I will NOT force anything on her and want to take it slow. I think some moms take it a little too far too soon and then it backfires on them. Definitely don't want that. And again, don't mind changing diapers.

The GOOD news (so I've been told by other moms) is that she ALWAYS poops in the same place (remember when she'd only poop in that basket? haha). She now poops in her "fort" or the corner of the room in between the two couches. Without fail, if she's sitting in there, it's to poop. So I was hoping that I could set the red potty in there so she would associate seeing it while she poops (and maybe even sit on it one day??).

Anyways, I decided I would buy two potties and just have them around so she can get use to seeing them, sitting on them and talking about them. I pulled them out of the bag and told her what they were and that you go "poopoo and peepee" on them. I even sat on the red one and showed her how. haha. Good times!

She is such a little character. The VERY FIRST thing she did was put the potty on her head. The funniest part about this is that this is a child that will wear NOTHING (and I mean nothing) on her head. No headbands. NOOOOOO HATS. Period. Potty? Apparently so! Such a goof.


She ran around saying, "cheese!" so I would take pictures of her. She'd laugh when she saw the pictures (that's her new favorite thing. She has me take pics of her and then runs over to see it immediately).



She even wore it while she played with her stroller!


The COOLEST part was that she was playing in the kitchen and all of a sudden she FROZE, looked up at me, grabbed the potty and took it into the corner. I didn't think much of it until I walked over and saw her pooping NEXT to the potty. That's a good start right? She had the idea after only one discussion (at least for today). Again, NOT pushing anything. Not pressuring her. Just wanting to get her use to it.



Happy and done pooping!


Isn't it funny the things you talk and think about when you become a mom?? Who would have thought I'd talk about poop for an entire blog post??? haha. I'm sure this is just one of many to come.

No comments: