We all know that I'm the first to shout from the roof tops about how amazing Wes is. It's no secret. I'm so proud, lucky and thankful to have him.
I just HAD to share this. (Even if he's slightly embarrassed that I'm showing this. I got approval first. Don't worry.)
Every night, we have a routine. I change her diaper and put her jammies on while Wes makes a bottle. Then I feed her the last bottle of the day and take advantage of her drowsiness and snuggle as much as I can. When she's ready for bed we "bring in the closer" and Wes takes her upstairs, rocks her for a minute and lays her down for the night. It's a great routine because we both get to cuddle her when she's so tired and snuggly.
Ever since she was born, Wes would sing to her. I've always been so amazed and touched every time I hear him. He was truly born to be a daddy. He's so precious with her. It makes me smile inside and out every time I think about it. I know I've blogged about this before, but this time I have a video!!
On this particular night, Liv went down and then 15 minutes later was up fussy (teething) and not wanting to go back down. Wes and I took turns going up and rocking her. I'd get her back to sleep, lay her down and then 5 minutes later, she's up again! Wes then went up to try and get her back down and was singing "Rock a Bye Livi" to her in her crib. Melts my heart. Oh how I love these two.
No comments:
Post a Comment