Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jane's in Town!

Jane is in town for a week!! We love it when she comes to town and are so excited to spend the week with her.


On Saturday night, we went to my mom's for dinner to A. celebrate my mom and Wes' birthdays and B. have a family dinner so they can see Jane while she is here.

To celebrate, I made this amazing cake I found on bakerella. I LOVE this blog. So many exciting things to make! The cake turned out REALLY well. Just not quite as pretty as the baker lady did it. She opted to coat the outside with butter cream frosting to make it pretty but I thought that was too much sugar so I kept it like a chocolate covered pancake stack!
I started with the idea of making 14 layers. Boy was I off! The icing was too warm and the cakes were sliding everywhere!! Jane and I were cracking up because I would look away for one second and the whole thing would be flopped on its side! Sooo annoying. We eventually stuck skewers through the layers to keep them up right!
The layers weren't quite as even as I would have liked, but the inside looked really cool!



While it was still warm. See how slippery it would be?




1 comment:

Sandy said...

yumm!!! you didn't save any leftovers for us?!!! lol ;) will have to get the recipe from you!!