What a white weekend! It didn't stop snowing once.
On Saturday night we loaded up on the essentials and battened down the hatches to get ready for the big wind storm. We get a lot of wind out here so we were expecting the typical wind storm conditions of 20-30 MPH. You know, the usual. Boy were we wrong!!! The wind was a consistent 60-70 MPH for about 12 hours! Not only that, it snowed the whole time and looked like a blizzard you would see in a movie.
We ended up losing power around 8 pm. Not gonna lie, we were all kind of excited for the power to be out. We had cocoa with peppermint schnapps, snacks, boardgames, beer, wine, and great company.
When the power went out, we decided to make a mini-refrigerator for our beer so as not to open the fridge door a bunch of times. Yes, that's snow in there. A natural fridge! Very resourceful if I do say so myself!
By the end of the night, the only room in the house that was warm was our living room because of our gas fireplace. Wes and I decided to "camp" downstairs by the fire. We pulled the guest bed (queen size) downstairs and put it in front of the fire. It was really nice! So cozy and warm! It was really fun! I wouldn't mind doing that again!
Wes and I finally shoveled the driveway this evening. Wow! I didn't even realize how much we got. We had well over a foot in places. Here is a pic of our fence gate. It is six feet tall and was covered halfway!
I couldn't resist having a little fun tonight. If you look closely, you can see my beautiful snow angel in the top left corner of the pic.
Gotta love winter!!!!
1 comment:
love the natural fridge! good thinking! :) glad you guys made the most of your power out!! It may be a pain in the butt having all that snow, but it sure looks beautiful!! :) have fun in all that snow!!
Post a Comment