Monday, August 11, 2008

The 80's Are Back!

I love the 80's!!! 


My fabulous co-worker, Shaye's (AKA Madonna in the below pics) parents have an annual golf tournament/bbq/party at their house/estate and we were invited this year! It was an 80's theme! Basically everyone shows up dressed up and there is a small golf course set up on their land. They have a contest for best ball, longest drive, etc. The kegs are then rolled out and they had Stan's BBQ cater the event! YUM. They also had a live band that played 80's and 90's cover songs! So much fun. There were about 150 people there. 

Let's be honest, the best part of this was being able to dress up! I took my inspiration for my hair from my mom. I am going to search through some old pics tonight and post a side by side comparison. I kid you not, my mom's hair looked EXACTLY the same! LOL! We even found the boys acid washed jeans. I was seriously bent over laughing the whole night. Any time Wes or Dag Rune would walk by or even say anything I would bust out laughing because I couldn't take them seriously!

We decided that we needed to create 80's names for the night. My 80's name was Tami, Katrina was Tiffany, Wes' was Ted and Dag Rune was Tad. Tam, Tiff, Ted and Tad had a FABULOUS evening. In fact we all won prizes for our costumes! Love it!

Any time anyone wants to throw an 80's party, I'm there! Just let me know!!












This is Shaye!!!



This is my other teeny-tiny co-worker JB! 

LOL. I can't get enough of these pics.




Me and Katrina with the band!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh those acid wash jeans are so heinous! They were tapered even!! HA HA!! Love your outfits, you guys did good!! I think Brian may still have a pair of those jeans in his closet somewhere...LOL :)

just_me said...

Wow...I am impressed. How did you get the boys to wear those outfits? Wait a second...why did they have the outfits to begin with?

Looks like you had an awesome time!

Tami is HOT!