Tuesday, November 13, 2012

16 Weeks!

I'm a little late on posting this, but better late than never! My little baby girl turned 16 weeks last Friday! I can't believe how fast this is going the second time around. She's going to be walking and talking before we know it!

I think we've officially graduated into the "baby" phase as opposed to the "newborn" phase.  I  have to say this is my absolute favorite time of babyhood. I LOVE that window between 4 months and a year. It's so much fun to see how much they grow and change.

This little beauty is full of life and is a busy bee! She's always kicking, talking, chewing on her hands and making sure we know she's in the room. She's very much a girl of extremes. When she's happy, she's OVER THE MOON and the CUTEST, SWEETEST thing you've EVER seen!! When she's upset, she's REALLY upset and there's NO MISTAKING it. ;) At least we'll never have to guess what she's thinking! hahaha

She started rolling from her tummy a few weeks ago (12.5 weeks). It was so fun to see her face when she did it the first time. It's almost like it surprised her! Then at 15 weeks she started rolling from her back to her tummy! She's been working on that one for over a month now so she's SO EXCITED to be able to get over that pesky arm that's been keeping her on her side! She loves to roll around on the floor now. I can put her down with a couple of toys and she'll roll onto her tummy, grab a toy and then roll back to her back to play with it. It's so amazing to see her learn how to get around. She'll start in one direction and end up off the blanket laying another way. She's loving it! She's all smiles when she gets to roll around and watch Liv play. It's one of her favorite things!



I keep saying how we think she's an old soul. You know those people you meet that make you feel like they know something you don't? Almost like they've done it all before? She has that. She just seems like she looks right through you and knows exactly what's going on. She's definitely an old soul. 






Her eyes LOOK blue in these, but make no mistake, there are little spots of hazel/brown in them! In florescent lighting they look brown! They change all the time.


Here's what she's up to at 16 weeks:
- Rolling around and playing with infant toys
- She started teething around 14 weeks. You can see her two bottom teeth trying to poke through. There's two little white lines. She's a drooling, chewing princess!
- She still LOVES the hair dryer. If she's fussy, I can sit her in her seat and turn on the hair dryer and she'll completely relax and possibly fall asleep!
- She's still a pretty great sleeper! Here's her schedule:
- Up around 6:45 am
- Nap around 10 
- Nap around 1
- Nap around 4/5
- Nap around 8
- Bed around 9/10 (sleeps 6-7 hrs)
- Up for a feeding around 3/4
- We moved her into her room at 15 weeks. It was harder on me than it was for her. But I will say Wes and I do sleep a lot better now. She really seems to love her crib. I've also just started putting her in her crib for naps. They don't last as long as her naps in her rocky chair, but that's ok. We'll get there!
- She still LOVES her bath. Always has. She's getting a bit large to be in the baby bath but we still use it. While Liv is in the big bath, we bathe Colette on the floor next to her. They "talk" to each other. It's so sweet. I can't wait until they are playing together in the tub!
- She's FINALLY getting some chunky rolls on her thighs and arms! She was so long and lean forever! 
- She smiles the SECOND she sees my camera or phone camera. It's like she's already trained! hahaha
- She still loves to talk! She's got a voice and isn't afraid to use it!






All in all we have a beautiful, healthy, happy girl! 




She loves to play in her excersaucer. She has already figured it out and enjoys moving all the toys around. She also loves to put weight on her feet and "stand up" all by herself!



We love this little girl so dang much! What a sweetie. I could literally kiss her face off. And I do!

No comments: