I can't believe my baby is almost 2!!!!! We decided to keep her birthday party a little lower key this year. We threw the party at our house and had family and a couple close friends over for some great food and festivities! It was a perfect amount of people. We had all of the grandparents (yes, all 6 of them! Thanks Tom and Jane for flying in for the occasion), my sister Joelle and the Gangsaas family over for dinner and some cake. All in all it was about about 14 people and it was perfection. Any more and Liv would have been overwhelmed and wouldn't have had as much fun as she did! I WISH I could have gotten pictures of Liv with everyone but it just wasn't in the cards. Getting her to stop and pose for a picture with different people is hard work!!!!
Here's the birthday girl! She seems so grown up all of a sudden!! It's so crazy!!!

We put her in the same spot we took pictures in last year. Just look at the difference!








And here...
We had Liv's favorite dinner. Quinoa spaghetti and meatballs! YUM! Thanks Jane for making the delicious meatballs!
Liv was in HEAVEN and made sure to get the sauce ALL OVER her face. Love it!
When it came time to blow out the candle Liv actually was able to blow it out! I will say that her blow was a little feint so Wes and I helped. But she still blew! She was also surprised by the GIANT applause and yelling after it was blown out. I think it scared her for a second. haha. Poor thing!
When you ask her how old she is she says, "Two!" and holds up her hand (and all her fingers) in a shape where the two middle fingers pinch together and stand out a little farther than the others. haha. I love it.
Liv has NEVER been a sweets girl. She's always preferred pizza/pasta to cupcakes/cookies. Boy was I surprised to see her eat TWO cupcakes!! She loved them!
Love this one.

It was so cute to watch her open gifts. She was more than happy to have Kaia help her.
Playing with her new doll house with Ga Ga Annie!
These balloons were a hit!!! She still plays with them. She likes to carry them around the kitchen island over and over again. She also loves to point to each of them and call out the colors.
This is what happens when toddlers get too much sugar!!!! HAHAHAHA! This cracks me up!! Liv is trying to wrestle the big balloon (DON'T ASK ME WHY??? haha) into submission and Kaia is going bananas holding the rest of them. I can't wait to show this video to them when they are older!
Check out that hair!!
All in all it was a wonderful evening full of laughter and love. We are so lucky to have so many family and friends wanting to share in Liv's life.






2 comments:
Hahahahaha! Love the toddler sugar-high video :) Great party!
Happy Birthday Livi Lou!!! I was thinking of you all when we were on vacation! Looks like the party was perfect, she's just so adorable...love that did you replicas of pictures from last year. We celebrate Braden's 2nd this weekend! Where did the time go, Marie? How are our "babies" 2?
Post a Comment