Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wookland Park Zoo!

Our first trip to the zoo!!!!! Oh my goodness did we have fun! What a perfect day!!!!!!!!! Wes and I are going to remember this for the rest of our lives.

Wes and I hadn't been to the zoo in YEARS and it was Liv's first time. We got to the park early (10:15) so we got great parking and had a lot of the zoo to ourselves!!! It was PACKED by the time we left (1:30 pm) so THANK GOD we got there early. The weather was perfection and Liv was in heaven (to be honest, Wes and I were too).

Here she is! Ready to see some animals!!


Her two favorite animals today were the gorillas and the penguins! The gorillas were actually the first animal we saw. She got SOOOOO excited!!! It was so fun to see the zoo through her eyes. It was hilarious. She kept pointing to them and laughing. She also made monkey sounds the whole time. She was loving it!




She was a little scared of these gorilla statues at first. She finally got up the nerve to touch one. lol



So excited! She was also able to "touch" the penguins as they swam. They would all gather around the glass where the people were so she was literally inches away from them! She thought that was HILARIOUS!





We had the BEST lunch. I was SHOCKED to see some of the amazing food they serve at the park. We had SUCH GOOD FOOD!!! I got mahi mahi tacos and Wes and Liv ate burgers. The beef was all local and organic, they served mandarin oranges with the kids burger and all of the food was fresh and gourmet! It WAS SO AMAZING. We sat outside and ate a nice lunch together. Oh how I love eating outside as a family in this beautiful weather. It's seriously the best.



At the end of the day, we went to the zoo store to find a little something for Liv to take home. She LOVED both of these so much. These were her favorite animals today too! We asked her which one and she pointed to both (she's so my daughter!!!) so her daddy couldn't help but get both for her (we are in trouble! All she has to do is look at him and he melts. I'm going to have to hide the credit cards one day! lol).



It was just one of those perfect days where the weather was great, we got great parking, no lines, happy toddler, GREAT food, lots of space to walk/run around and just an all round perfect family day. We'll be back!

No comments: