The day I have been DREADING for the last three months came and went.
I went back to work yesterday. :(
The GOOD news is that we don't have to put her in daycare as I am working from home on Mondays, Wes has her Wednesdays, my sisters have her tues/thurs and my mom on Fridays. I am SO RELIEVED to not have to hand her over to a stranger to care for her. Everyone who watches her absolutely loves and adores her.
I totally cried both dropping her off and picking her up...as expected.
The funny thing is that I built it up SO MUCH in my head for all this time that it wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be. THANK GOD! I definitely missed her and showed EVERYONE at work her pics and videos all day.
The other good news is I actually love my job and where I work. As I get back into the swing of things, I'll be really busy and the days will go by faster.
I did find, though, that I had more energy with her at night compared to when I would have her all day and would be kind of pooped by the end of the day. I was so excited to see her! I even loved holding her when she was fussy! So there are definite pluses. I make every moment I am with her count.
Besides, she had a great day with daddy! They got coffee, grabbed the dry cleaning, went to QFC, hit costco and made a FABULOUS dinner! Wes was loving it!!!! He sent me pics of her throghout the day so I could see what she was up to.
Here she is in the cart at Costco (Wes sent this to me at work). I slightly died inside not being able to kiss those cheeks! I mean come on!!!!!!
So for now, I think we will survive. I am just going to take it day by day and will remind myself of all the blessings we have in our life. It could be WAY WORSE!
3 comments:
Friend so proud of you, and it can be done! Makes the nights and the weekends so much better! I Love you guys :)
Ugh, such a hard thing to do, leave the kiddos:-( Glad it went okay. She will be fine, always harder for us mommy's!!
SO proud of you!! Way to be strong, I know that's got to be the hardest thing. You are an amazing mom!!
Post a Comment