Monday, July 14, 2008

Great Weekend!

We had a great weekend. Full of being in the sun and relaxing. I also had two fabulous training sessions/workouts for the tri. 


On Saturday Katrina and I joined an open water workout group in Seattle. We were in Lake Washington at 7 AM!!!!! I was sooo close to chickening out. I thought it would be freezing. Thankfully though the water felt amazing as it has been really nice here lately. I did, however, find out that I have an overpowering fear of seaweed and anything lurking in it. It makes no sense. I grew up swimming in lakes and the Puget Sound, but for some reason, I was TERRIFIED of the tall foliage below the deep water. We swam about 200 yards off shore and were free to swim as far as we wanted. I ended up having to swim with my eyes shut so as not to look down under water. I know it is stupid, but I kept picturing a horror movie seen where the girl is swimming and she looks down and a dead body floats up in her face. I know, I know. It is irrational. But I couldn't help it!!! Eventually I got the hang of it and continued to remind myself that I was fine and to get over it! After that, it went well. We swam about three quarters of a mile. The water was pretty choppy so it made for a difficult swim. We would have made it farther if not for the waves slamming over our heads. Every time you got a good stroke in, a wave would hit and push you back to where you had started from. It was like swimming with someone holding a rope behind you.  Anyways, we did it and I felt amazing when it was done. So much so that I went for a three mile run when I got home!! It feels so good to be in shape again.

Yesterday Wes and I decided to get a workout in by doing a hike/jog of Rattlesnake Peek. It is pretty steep so by the time we got up there we were dripping and our legs were burning. SUCH A GOOD WORKOUT! It felt really good. After we got down off the mountain we headed to the river so Wes could try out his new fly rod. Sammie played in the water and laid out on a towel while I read in my beach chair. It was a wonderful day!! Love this weather!!

Here are a couple of pics from the hike. Sam is hilarious!


No comments: