Thursday, May 8, 2008

Becoming a Triathlete

I am competing in the Danskin Triathlon in Seattle this August!



The triathlon takes place on August 17th and includes a half mile swim (in Lake Washington), a 12.5 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run.

Katrina talked me into it and I haven't regretted it yet. That could be, though, because I haven't actually started fully training yet! LOL. The plan is to do two runs, two bike rides and one swim per week with a brick workout every third week. Should be interesting! I am actually looking forward to it. I never thought I would be the type of person to actually commit to something like this. I am proud of myself for even signing up!

The good news is that we are going to Italy about a month and a half after the triathlon so the plan is to stay in shape and look fabulous on vaca! Then, once we are there, we will eat and drink everything in sight and not worry about a thing! LOL. Can't wait!

No comments: