Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sun Valley!

Last week we had an AMAZING vacation in Sun Valley, ID!!

None of us had ever been there before but we definitely fell in love. We had the BEST week.

Our family friends, The Hawes Family, have a fabulous house in SV that was offered up to us. Who could say no to that? Dag Rune, Katrina, Wes and I headed out on Monday morning and my mom and Ken met us there on Wednesday night.

We had such a great trip. Katrina and I really got into fly fishing as well. Weird huh? Our husbands have been getting more and more into it over the last year so Katrina and I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Wow! Was I surprised. It is REALLY fun! Plus, it was the easiest way to actually SEE our husbands all week since that's all they set out to do! lol. Wes and I had a blast finding good spots, climbing through the river together and helping each other spot fish all week. What a fun way to spend quality time with the hubs!! PLUS I was able to be in the sun ALL DAY every day. It was perfect!! It was also pretty funny to see the pics of two pregnant women thigh high in a river fishing! haha. What a sight!

Here's a brief description of how our days went:
- Woke up to amazing sunshine and ate breakfast outside on the deck
- Decided where to go for the day
- Headed out and grabbed sandwiches, chips, drinks, etc. for our daily picnics
- Drove or hiked to our destination
- Fish
- Eat
- Fish
- Eat
- Big Dinner
- Bed by 10 (exhausted from FULL days in the heat)

Here are the dogs, ready to go for a 10 hour drive! They did REALLY well. We were so proud of them.



This was a great burger place we stopped at along the way.


Check out that food! SOOO GOOD!


This is the view from the house.



We had lunch at this adorable little Italian restaurant. The weather was amazing!


One day, we hiked up to a lake to picnic, relax and fish! Katrina and I were a little nervous about how our preggerness would affect our ability to do a true hike (especially for Katrina's back). We climed over 1,000 feet in just under two miles. Phew!! There were lots of water breaks, but we did it and it was BEAUTIFUL!!



I never caught anything here, but the boys did!!





Bump Pic! Katrina is 5 and a half months and I am 4 and a half. I JUST started to have a bump this last week. Most of the time you still can't really tell. I am at the "Is she fat? Or pregnant?" stage. lol






The house had a hot tub! At the end of every day we soaked our feet, drank some fun non-alcoholic beverage (well the girls did), and watched the sun set. There was even a meteor shower one night! So amazing.



Another day, we drove out to this secluded pond/lake to see if we could catch anything. It was breathtaking! Seriously, everywhere we went looked like a movie set!




I am so glad my mom and Ken came for the last two days. They joined us on our excursions and made the BEST food ever!! Thanks mom and Ken! We had a great week!



Wes caught this cute little guy. Had to document! haha


Fishing-Pregger Bump pic!


Having a cold beer after a long day on the water.




My mom and I spent the most time in the tub! We are fish! We didn't want to get out.


One night, we took a break from an intense horseshoe tournament to take some family pics!



What a cutie! She was in HEAVEN the whole trip. She spent the week eating food she normally wouldn't get, running off leash (he had a HUGE piece of property), swimming, hiking, playing with toys and relaxing with Bjorn. I don't think I have ever seen a more content dog! When we got home she crashed and didn't eat or wake up the next day! haha




The last day was spent on this gorgeous river. Who would have thought Katrina and I would get so into the fly fishing thing? We couldn't wait to get out there. I think it's the competitor in me. Once I see someone near me catch something, I was driven to get one myself!! Too bad I only caught two little guys the whole week! lol



Here is a fish Dag Rune caught on our last night. The boys caught lots of fish, I just wasn't able to take pics of them. After a long day, Katrina and I would go back to the house, eat, put our feet up, get in the hot tub and relax while the boys did some night fishing. :)



All in all, GREAT WEEK!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Great pics, it is beautiful there!! I love Sun Valley!! Jealous of that yummy hamburger you got, I would kill for one of those right now, lol!!! Cute baby bump, I can't believe how much you and Katrina have started showing since I left!!! So exciting!!! Miss you guys!